Welcome to Midway Optometry
in San Diego, CA
We're happy to welcome you to the official website for Midway Optometry, your family's new home for a lifetime of primary eye and vision services in San Diego CA. From comprehensive eye care and corrective lenses to our downloadable online forms and variety of payment options, we've designed our practice to provide you with unparalleled convenience and quality of service. Take a moment to look through this site and explore the many features we have to offer -- including, of course, our contact information so you can schedule your first appointment!
Top-Quality Care From Our Experienced Optometrist
Experience makes all the difference in the exacting, detail-driven world of optometry -- and you'd be hard pressed to find a greater depth of experience than you'll find in our optometrist, Dr. Michael S Matthews. Dr. Matthews actually completed a full and rewarding optometry career before even coming to Midway Optometry, serving as a senior optometrist in both san Francisco (Oasis Optometry) and Alameda (Alameda Eyes Optometry), in addition to his volunteer work for Guatemala's Hospital del La Familia. Now you can put those many years of experience to work for the benefit of your own eyes, and those of your family members, here in San Diego.
A Full Suite of Services to Support Your Ocular Health and Wellness
Our state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment capabilities help us provide a wide range of services. From the still-developing eyes of infants to the aging eyes of seniors, we can watch over your ocular health and wellness for years to come. Rely on Midway Optometry for:
- Complete eye exams - Complete eye exams help you preserve your eyes' health, function, and visual acuity. Our optometrist can inspect your eyes inside and out while determining whether you have a refractive error in need of correction.
- Glasses and contact lenses - We're you're one-stop shop for glasses in a variety of lens materials, filters, coatings and frames. If you prefer contact lenses, we can recommend the ideal type of contacts for your needs and make sure they fit perfectly.
- Glaucoma testing - Eye pressure testing and other screening methods let us detect signs of glaucoma, a sight-robbing disease which usually displays no early symptoms at all.
- Pre-operative and post-operative eye care - Planning to get refractive eye surgery? We're on hand to help through pre-operative and post-operative care.
- Dry Eye Screening - Dry eye screening can help us detect signs that the eye may not be producing enough tears or tears evaporate too quickly.
- Color Deficiency Testing - Do you feel that you may have some color blindness? Request for a color deficency test on the day of your next exam. We also carry lenses for color deficient people to use.
- BlephEx Treatments - We offer the newest treatment for blepharitis, it is an in-practice procedure performed directly by Dr. Matthews.
Get Acquainted With Our San Diego Clinic
While we're glad we can give you this online introduction to Midway Optometry, there's only so much we can convey from a distance; ultimately you need to know that you and your loved ones will like us and feel confident in our skills, and that means visiting our San Diego clinic in person. Call (619) 224-2973 or use our handy online appointment request page to set up an initial consultation today. You'll be glad you took the time to secure the best possible eye care for your family!