Services From Your San Diego Eye Doctor
Everyone should see the eye doctor at least once annually. At Midway Optometry, we offer a range of services for our patients, including testing for serious eye diseases, vision correction and emergency services. Coming for an annual checkup with your San Diego eye doctor can help ensure that your eyes are functioning properly.
If your eye becomes injured, it's important to seek medical care right away. A scratched or damaged eye can be painful and harmful to your vision. At Midway Optometry services, we help patients in distress to get the care they need. We provide emergency services to help patients get immediate relief for their eye injuries.
Complete Eye Exams
Complete eye exams from your San Diego eye doctor check for three things:
- Eye functionality. We'll check your eyes for the ability to see color, perceive depth and track moving objects. In the event that a patient's eyes do not function properly, we may recommend vision therapy for treatment.
- Eye health. Certain types of eye diseases can cause blindness or even death. At Midway Optometry we use a variety of eye tests to check our patient's eyes for signs of cataracts, glaucoma and macular degeneration.
- Clear vision. Our corrective lenses help patients determine whether or not they have nearsightedness or farsightedness. For patients who lack a clear vision, we prescribe corrective lenses.
Corrective Lenses in San Diego
Patients have their choice of two types of corrective lenses: contact lenses and prescription eyeglasses. We can provide either type of corrective lens for our patients, depending on his or her preferences and diagnosis.
- Contact Lenses. Contact lenses sit directly on the eyeball. Contact lenses provide accurate, comfortable vision correction. Patients who want contact lenses must first get a contact lens exam to ensure that contact lenses will work for their condition.
- Glasses. We carry a range of eyeglasses for our patients, to meet their personal preferences and styles.
Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration, Cataract Testing and Color Deficiency Testing
Many serious eye conditions do not present symptoms until permanent vision loss has already occurred. Seeing the eye doctor in San Diego regularly can help protect you from these conditions. We provide testing for glaucoma and macular degeneration to help protect your vision. We also provide testing for cataracts, so you can get the cataract treatment you need.
As a new addition to our office, we now offer testing for color deficiency (or color blindness). We also carry Enchroma eye wear to help our color deficient patients. If you are unsure if you are color deficient there is an online test that you can take at the Enchroma website. Only an eye care professional can give you a qualified medical diagnoses for color blindness. This test is for informational purposes only.
Pre- and Post-Operative Care
We help patients prepare for LASIK surgery. Once the surgery has taken place, follow-up appointments and check-ins help ensure that patients are recovering properly. Our pre- and post-operative care for LASIK surgery patients can help ensure that the procedure goes smoothly.
Contact Your San Diego Eye Doctor
As your San Diego eye doctor, we provide a range of important services to help you maintain good vision. To make an appointment, contact us today at (619) 224-2973.